Monday, April 11, 2011

Books.

One of the inspirations for a lot of my style comes from Influence written by Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.
This particular book is filled with images, and interviews with amazing artist, designers and social idols. All the interviews are laid back and done by one or both of the sisters. One fun thing about this is that the sisters got polaroid pictures of or with each person interviewed.
Another book I have been really into has bee Inside the painters studio by Joe Fig. This was assigned by Pedigo for painting one, but I know I will have it for quite a while. Its wonderful and has inspired me ten fold. Every time I finish an artist I become inspired to keep moving forward.
Another one I have come to enjoy is The Undressed Art: Why We Draw. by Peter Steinhart. A book that gives a person like myself reassurance that others have the same ideas, the same views and struggles. I feel a little more confident as an artist when I can relate to the artist in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment