Sunday, February 12, 2012

Found Objects

My 8 Found Objects:


Object One: My first object is a film canister. I collect and use vintage cameras quite a bit, almost obsessively so I tend to find these in strange places or bags used in the past. This one I found in a drawer of school supplies.



Object Two: My second object is a small envelop that contains a button. This belongs to a dress that I have bought quite a few months ago, and I found it within a jar that holds make-up tools.


Object Three: My third object is a guitar pick, used by my boyfriend. He uses this particular kind pretty much solely and usually has a large quantity, at this point being around his bands and at shows, I know his picks from others in the band. He tends to place these in his pockets and they turn up later in very random places, this one I found on top of his microwave. 


Object Four: My fourth object is a top from a canning jar. This particular top is from ones used by painting students to hold their paint solvent or thinner. Beyond that I have been in love with jars and jarring as a tradition or use within the traditional home. I found this lid on the floor of the painting studio floor.


Object Five: My fifth object is a business card from the hair salon Panache. This was given to me by the woman who cut my hair the last time I got it cut. I rarely get my hair cut, and I never request a person, I just take whoever is available, which leads to the fact that I don't have any reason for having this. I found this while cleaning out my purse.


Object Six: My sixth object is a key card from The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. I went to Las Vegas the weekend before returning to school this semester, it was my first vacation in over two years, it was spur of the moment and I was there for less then 48 hours. We had a suite in this amazing hotel. I found this card in the bag that I had taken but never fully cleaned out.


Object Seven: My Seventh object is a fake mustache that once was stick-able. Recently one of my good friends Ryan celebrated his 21st birthday. One of the things that I enjoy most about Ryan besides him being an awesome person is his seriously sassy mustache, so I provided mustaches for the people that took him out to the bars. I had this one, it was called the walrus, and after a few beers it soaked up enough liquid to lose its stick. I found it on my night stand.



Object Eight: My eighth object is a contact container. I use disposable contacts, when I was younger I had trouble with eye infections so I can't use normal contacts. So everyday I put in a pair of contacts, take them out at the end of the day and repeat again the next day with a new pair. I am horrible at getting rid of these as well as my used contacts and they pile up or are placed in strange spots. I found this in a drawer within my bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment